Where physical educators come together to share ideas and build community.
FREE Heart Rate Lesson
This resource will help anyone get a good understanding of what their own heart rate should be according to their age, how and why to determine the training zones they should spend the most time in when working out.
This lesson includes:
1. Step-by-step teacher directions
2. "Heart Rate Chart" with easy to read age and heart rate zones that is perfect for a hand-out or to make into a poster for your gym
3. "Heart Rate Zones" poster
4. Link to a worksheet to use the Karvonen method to figure heart rate if you want to be more precise
5. "Personalized Exercise Chart" where each student fills in his or her own heart rate range into a "Training Zone" poster